A. Poultry and Rabbits.
1. No person shall keep upon any premises in the city any poultry or rabbits:
a. Within fifty feet of any dwelling; or
b. If more than five in all of any such rabbits or poultry are kept, within seventy-five feet of any dwelling.
2. No person shall keep upon any premises in the city more than twenty-five such rabbits or poultry, except by special permit of the council first had and obtained, or keep any rooster of crowing age within one hundred feet of any dwelling. This provision limiting the maximum number of rabbits or poultry shall not be retroactive or effective as to rabbit or poultry ranches or processing plants actually in operation on the effective date of the ordinance codified herein.
3. The owners or persons in charge of such rabbits or poultry kept in the city shall provide suitable houses or cotes with board or cement floors in each and every house and cote, and the houses, cotes or pens shall at all times be kept clean.
B. Swine, Hogs and Pigs. No person shall keep upon any premises in the city any swine, hog or pig, whatsoever.
C. Other Animals.
1. No person shall keep upon any premises in the city any other animals as defined in Section 6.28.010:
a. On any lot containing less than twenty thousand square feet; or
b. In any corral, barn or other enclosure which would permit the animals within seventy-five feet of any dwelling;
c. If staked within one hundred feet of any dwelling.
2. No person shall tie, stake or pasture, or permit the tying, staking or pasturing, of any animal upon any private property in the city without consent of the owner or occupant of such property in such a way as to permit any such animal to trespass upon any street or public place or upon any such private property. No person shall permit any such animal to be or remain during the nighttime secured by a stake or secured in any manner other than by enclosing such animal in a pen, corral or barn sufficient and adequate to restrain such animal. All such animals shall be provided with adequate food, water and shelter or protection from the weather.
3. All fences or enclosures used for the purposes set forth in this subsection must be of such material and maintained in such manner as humane for the safety and protection of such animals.
The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to apply to any public educational institution. (Prior code § 4120.5)